My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Red wine, dark chocolate, black coffee

Day 57 of 100

I know what I like when it comes to food. There is very little that I do not like, but I have very particular tastes when it comes to my favorites. I like my coffee strong and black, my chocolate dark and bitter and my wine, red and dry. If given a choice, why would I consume milk chocolate, white wine and creamy coffee? To me, these would not be worth the calories or time to consume them.

It is the same with our homes. If you love something, celebrate it, use it, honor it and share it with others. Don't keep it hidden away, wrapped up and protected. Don't use the ugly plates you have never liked because you don't worry about them breaking, while the ones you adore are carefully stored away in boxes. Are they not yours to enjoy? If you don't enjoy them who will? If you think your children will, think again! Are they not watching your example? Will anyone ever use them or will they remain in pristine condition from lack of love?

Do you know what you like/love? Are you enjoying these things or just storing them? Get rid of what you don't love and make room for what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment