My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's good to be queen

Day 64 of 100

I never mow the grass nor do I hard, manual labor, yard work. I plan my grocery shopping excursions for when there are able bodied males at home to help me unload and if we are traveling, there is always some one willing to help me with my luggage. Yes, its good to be queen!

I am quickly being out grown by my boys and in a few years will be the smallest one in the house. I choose to embrace the wonder of boys and the joy of being the only girl in the home! I get doors opened, jar lids unscrewed, bugs captured and hands held when I am scared at a movie.

I've reminded the boys (regularly) that I am “THE QUEEN”. One morning, when Timothy was barely 3, he came into the kitchen where I was having a chocolate brownie with my coffee. He saw this and exclaimed, “Mama, how come you gets a brownie for breakfast, Oh I know, cuz you the Queen!” What a proud moment. I had instilled “my title” into his mind!

Embrace who you are and your unique situation. Capitalize on the positive, get rid of the negative (clutter) and as Oprah says “Make it your best life”.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story, Dianne! And I meant to mention earlier, that I love the new name for the blog!

    ReplyDelete