My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Monday, March 8, 2010

If only I could sing and spell.....

Day 62 of 100

If I had a magic wand and could give my self gifts I am lacking, these two would be near the top of my list. I love to write, the problem is I am a horrendous speller and nothing ever looks wrong to me. Thank goodness for spell check! I love music and have very musically inclined children; however, I try to muffle my voice while singing happy birthday so as not to scare the birthday child. I guess I could take voice lessons and study words like you do in elementary school, but no matter what I did, I seriously doubt that it would make that big a difference.

I remember once hearing someone speak who said we are a society who wants to be good at everything and that if we are not strong in one subject we feel the need to study up and work hard to learn it. However, this individual believed the opposite. He felt you should work really hard in the areas you are naturally inclined and interested in and you will be far happier and more successful in life.

I agree wholeheartedly. When you look around at the people who really happy and great at what they do, you will see they are following their heart and living their dream. Embracing who you are and your individuality, unique strengths and gifts allows you to grow and shine. Let go of the mind clutter that says you have to be good at everything and focus instead on being the best YOU there is! Are you holding on to something you think you should be good at but really is not an interest or strength? With a breath of kindness, blow it away and be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment