My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Family Changes

Day 63 of 100

When my parents downsized a few years ago and had furniture and items that they would have no room for, my two brothers and I gathered and an auction of sorts occurred to divide up what they no longer needed. Many of my friends asked if I was sad they were leaving my childhood home. I truly was not, as I was so thankful that my parents are healthy and happy and close by. Just a few months before we had lost my mother in law to lung cancer and were trying to figure out how to live without her. Stuff, as valuable or sentimental as some of it may be, is simple stuff, not a person or a relationship. It is sad how sometimes a great loss puts it all in perspective.

As time goes on, children grow up, families change, people move, but through it all, the relationships you have can evolve and grow and become even stronger. Don't let stuff stand in your way of happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment