My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Monday, March 1, 2010

No Phone While Driving Update

Day 55 of 100

I previously posted that for a while, I had been seriously considering stopping the use of my cell phone, in any manner, while driving my car. I shared that I took the plunge on Ash Wednesday for Lent and officially “hung up”. I have to share that the first week in the car it felt very awkward, almost uncomfortable...like I was naked. I didn't know how to act, knowing that I would not make any out going calls and would not answer any incoming. It took a few days, but slowly I adjusted. Now, I can honestly say that I love it! It is almost like a little break each time I get in the car.

I have had to pull over a couple of times, into a parking lot and make a call. I tell you my calls are more efficient and to the point. I can't wait to see my cell phone bill, as I am certainly using a significant less number of minutes. I thought I'd be on my phone much more upon arriving home, but it really hasn't made a noticeable difference.

Best of all, I am setting an example to my children. My oldest is 16 and we have told him that he is never to use his cell while driving. Our excuse for our use was that we had been driving for years and years, prior to ever getting a phone and were much more experienced....phoooy! Don't you think my example will make much more of an impact than my words?

It's funny how I now have a heightened awareness of this. You know how when you get a new car and suddenly you notice the same make and model everywhere? That is how it is with my cognizance of how much people are on their phones while driving now. It is almost a game that I unconsciously play, throughout the day, counting the drivers I see talking and texting.

Could you, would you, consider trying the No Phone use while driving? You are decluttering your mind and incessant stream of thoughts and making the roads safer for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment