My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Life's Pleasures

Day 79 of 100

For me, one of life's little pleasures is a long, leisurely lunch with a good friend. Once a month, usually the 4th Thursday, I get to indulge in this ritual. I have just returned home from a 3+ hour meal with a dear friend! This is one of those friends with whom I can be truly myself. She knows my secrets and fears, delights in my success and helps me process my thoughts. It is a loving, non-judgmental,supportive friendship. I always feel so good after we spend time together.

So, what do my long lunches have to do with clutter? Let me explain. This friend and I have know each other for a very long time and always were saying we need to get together, but life, schedules, kids, routines and work always seemed to get in the way. Until we set a date and time and decluttered our schedules to allow for this, it did not happen regularly enough. Now, I get the pleasure of looking forward to this treat all month and know that it will happen!

What do you need to declutter in your schedule to make time for an important relationship?

No comments:

Post a Comment