My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Success Sunday

Day 96 of 100

Today I thought I'd share the success I have had in "decluttering" myself of my cell phone while in the driver's seat. As I posted previously, I thought lent to be a good time to start. I have to admit, at first it felt very awkward. Not using it to make a call out was one thing, but not answering it was even more difficult. It made me realize how dependent I was of the constant stimulation, as I could have a conversation with virtually anyone at any time.

Statistics always show the higher rates of accidents but I wonder about how many people get lost, take the wrong turn, forget where they are going or go much longer routes because they are so engaged in conversation. I know some people are proud to be multitaskers and perhaps somethings allow for this. However, when you are operating a 3,500 pound vehicle full of precious cargo, should you really be multitasking?

Because my job requires multiple phone conversations among many people, I wasn't sure what impact it would have when I decided to hang up and not talk while driving. What I discovered instead was that much of these calls were superfluous and that when made during non-driving time, they could be much more to the point.

Occasionally, I have needed to stop to take an important call or make one to say I am running late. But on the whole, the impact has only been positive. I can truly say I do not miss it! I feel like I have bought myself some quiet time each day!

Only a few days left in the challenge...go find some clutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment