My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pimento Cheese and the things we love

Day 21 of 100
I don't know exactly when it started. It was around the time of last years Masters Tournament in Augusta,Ga. My oldest son, Alexander, had an opportunity to go with my parents and their friends, who had an extra ticket. He had a wonderful time and came home talking about how amazing, clean, and organized the event was and how delicious the pimento cheese sandwiches were. I had a few pimento cheese recipes that I had made from time to time and that prompted me to make some.

Well, I got hooked! I mean truly hooked. Everyday for Breakfast since then, almost 9 months now, I have had pimento cheese on gluten free toast. On days, that I am home for lunch, ditto. On the weekend, I consume it numerous times. I have a couple of recipes that I use, depending on my mood. I also have one store brand that I keep in stock, for when I am too lazy to whip up my own. There is only one brand and one style of this particular brand that I like. It has been on sale at my grocery store this month, (BOGO) so each week, I have bought 4-6 tubs of it. Alexander also likes it for school lunches, as well. (The expiration date is far out).

The point of all this being, that you know when you like something and you know when you don't. If you like it ...KEEP it! If you don't ...let it go!

I am sure my pimento cheese addiction, will, at some point, come to an end. For now, I am getting my calcium and loving it! One day, I may wake up and it may no longer sound appealing (although at this time, I can not imagine it). Should this happen, I will stop buying large quantities of sharp cheddar and move on to whatever foods appeal to me. If my tastes change, I don't have to eat pimento cheese for b-fast the rest of my life. We can embrace what works for us and then when it no longer holds its appeal, let it go.

What are you holding on to because you use to love it? You are allowed to change your mind, tastes and opinions and do not have to keep everything you ever used or like. If it is not serving your taste now, let it go with love. Someone will love it now!


(Update on gum surgery: The Valium and IV sedative were wonderful and did the job...I barely remember a thing! The pain medicine is working, however, makes me sleepy and loopy. Other than hurting, the worst part it not being able to eat. I have been able to swallow some mashed potatoes, pudding and a milk shake. However, I miss my daily dose of Pimento Cheese!)

Have you found your daily 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment