My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Perspective

Day 20 of 100

Today, as you are reading this, I will be having gum surgery. For whatever reason, whether it be heredity, autoimmune or my brushing technique, my gums are in need of repair. Due to extreme claustrophobia, (I once almost kicked my dentist in the head during a routine teeth cleaning) I was prescribed Valium last night and again this morning to “take the edge off”. During the procedure, I will be given an IV sedative and they swear, I will not remember a thing! Lets hope so!

There are just some things, that even though unpleasant, must be done. However, the way you think about these makes all the difference. We all know someone who sees the glass half empty and they are not always so much fun to be around. Looking at it from the half full perspective makes all the difference. Rather than, I have horrible teeth and have to have gum surgery; how about, I want to have a healthy smile for life, therefore, I am having gum surgery! There, doesn't that sound better.

As you declutter your home, try and look at it from the perspective of the great gift you will receive and as a choice you are making to transform your space and life! When you set something free, see this as helping and benefiting others, rather than you losing something. Give this as a gift to yourself!

Day 20 is here! Have you found your 10?

Please sign is as a Follower!

No comments:

Post a Comment