My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Reader Perseveres

Day 31 of 100

Today's post is a question from Dawn, from FB:

"I don't feel like I am doing very well. It feels like it takes all of the time I have just to maintain the place. Even if I throw away 10 things, it seems like so much stuff comes in. It seems like I'm not really getting ahead. But I did a little bit last night. Then I get so tired or one thing or another hurts, etc. I will do better though. I'm determined."


Dawn,

You can do it! Remember, new habits take time to develop and you are sorting through 40 years of stuff! That is a lot of catch up! Look to a place where you have made progress and keep that area up! In fact, go to an area that you have decluttered, whether a counter top, dresser, pantry or room and give it another look. Is there anything else you can declutter to make it "just right"? Declutter, then dust, polish and refine this area and keep it like this. Do not allow ANY clutter in and use this as your example of what you want in all areas of your life. When you feel overwhelmed, look at this area and know you can do it! As far as stuff coming in, did you read yesterday's post on shopping? Please keep me updated on your progress
Dianne

How are you progressing? Remember, excess stuff/clutter can be exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment