My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nap Time

Day 53 0f 100

How can something,that you don't even know you are doing while you are doing it, be so wonderful? Nothing beats a nap! Is it the Cozily snuggling up on the couch, the sweet bliss as you go to that in-between state from consciousness to sleep, the wonderful slumber or waking refreshed and renewed? I don't know but awww.. it is a favorite pastime of mine!

Timothy and I just woke from a doubly wonderful nap, as he was snuggled up next to me. He isn't feeling well, so what normally would not have won out over video games, did! As sorry as I am that he is not feeling well, it was a treat for me to have that special time. All the boys napped with me when they were young. I took to heart the “nap when your baby is napping” and loved the luxury of sweet snuggles! Now, it is a rare occasion as they are full of abundant energy and activity and a nap is a torturous idea. They do not understand how luxurious it is for me.

We had a busy morning and did not get in our routine “Family Clean up”. Tim had been gone all week and we multiple evening/nightly activities. I had not been feeling well and the Science Project Tri-fold board, which we intended to start this week, did not happen. So this morning Timothy and I began work on this. We ran out of the sticky letters he was using, so I made a trip to the other side of town to get the same kind. Alexander had injured his foot and knee at soccer on Wednesday, so I told him to stay off of it and not do chores. Benjamin left for a sleepover Birthday party, so he got off as well. What amazes me is that despite not doing our every Saturday family clean up, the house was neat, maybe not clean, but presentable. All my decluttering truly makes a difference in the overall presentation of our home and I was able to do something much more important, take a snuggle nap with my boy!

Yes, I am sure that tomorrow, we will do our Family Clean up, but it is nice to know that by decluttering it allows us to go with the flow without everything falling in shambles!

More on Family Clean up in future posts! Go find your 10 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment