My favorite quote:

Keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Dunah Mulock Craik

April 1826 - 12 October 1887

Your Clutter Free Journey

Take the first step on your Clutter Free Journey to living a beautiful, clutter free life! On your journey, you will examine your relationship with the stuff in your life and it's impact on your overall well-being. You will learn to make choices over what you invite into your home. The way we feel inside is directly reflected in our living spaces. In turn, our living spaces affect our internal well-being. By making small, steady changes in our living environment, we can change how we feel inside and make our homes a reflection of what is important to us.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Knowing what you love

Day 27 of 100

One beautiful, spring day I was shopping with my mom at a favorite antique market. I spotted an old, rather beat-up cupboard/armoire that I fell in love with immediately. It was not in great shape, but something about it spoke to me and I knew it belonged in my home. I told the gentleman who was selling it that my husband would kill me, if I came home with another piece of “old” furniture. He looked me square in the eye and boldly said, “Your husband should be thanking Jesus everyday to be married to you!” Well, that sold it! He knew what he was doing!

Mom and I barely fit it into my minivan. I truly had no clue where it would go in my home but I loved the shape of it and knew how great it would look with a little love! A year passes and it is restored, fitted with new shelves, (Thank you Grampa Steve), painted and stained. Last spring, our Television, which was 20 years old, died instantly. The armoire that we had it in was narrow and deep, like the televisions of that era. When Tim went out, the very next morning, to purchase a new one, we realized it would not fit in the original cupboard. But, guess what? It was a perfect fit for my newly restored, bargain, ($65.00) armoire! It is perfect in my room and makes me smile when I think of how it came to me!

You see, I did not know where it would go, but I new it was meant to be mine. Knowing what you love opens you up to wonderful possibilities!

What do you LOVE in your home? What do you need to declutter to make room for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment